Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Teddy Bear Picnic - September 25 & 27, 2018

I love doing Teddy Bear Picnic, and I wish I could do more with it but limited with time, space, location, etc.  This year I planned on holding this in our pocket park area on the side of library, and have a nice storytime outside. I don't do this very often. I don't really know why, just that I haven't for a number of years - probably due to several things:  too hot, bugs, no easy way to transport supplies in and out, and today --- rain.  Yes.   There was a chance in the forecase this afternoon, but it started this morning a little before 8:00.  I was hoping it wouldn't be much, just  few sprinkles, and dry up by 10:30.  Oh no...there was thunder...and fairly good showers....    Oh well, we stayed inside, moving to the children's book area of the library, which is different for us as well.  I will show you why we were not in the meeting room, our normal area of the library, at the bottom of this post.

BOOKS:
This is the song that you can pull up on Youtube.  I found myself trying to sing the tune on some of the words.

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE all the Bear books by Karma Wilson, but this is one of my favorites.  I like when the kids join in and "read" the part ..."and bear wants more" with me!

FELT BOARD:

http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/TenintheBedFeltBoard.htm

This is one of my favorite felt board/songs to do!

RHYMES/SONG:

Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, reach up high
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the sky
Teddy bear, teddy bear, bend down low
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your toes
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go upstairs,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, comb your hair
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn out the light

Teddy bear, teddy bear, say goodnight. 

Sing along to a classic childhood tune with this coloring sheet, featuring "The Bear Went Over the Mountain"!
I like the idea of this next one, but I can't for the life of me come up with the correct tune that will work with it.  (My musical non ability shows through here.)
My Teddy Bear Lyrics Poster | Super Simple

SNACK/ACTIVITY:
Honeycomb necklaces for Teddy Bear Picnic playdateHoney Comb Cereal...I was going to have them make necklaces or string them, but the changes in the location multiple times and everything else we just ate them as a snack as we did our last activities.  


TAKE HOME IDEAS:
I like to send something home with the kiddos....today it was a coloring sheet on one side of the paper and an alphabet dot to dot on the other side.
https://www.education.com/worksheet/article/alphabet-dot-to-dot-teddy-bear/




Okay...so I told you that I would show you why we had to change the location of our storytime in the library this morning....


Monday morning before the library opened...this happened.  Thank goodness no one was injured, and the only damage was to the front door area of the building, but also the door to the meeting room there on the left side.  The bottom glass area broke, so there was glass all over the carpet in the meeting room.  The carpet has been vacuumed several times, but one of the ladies here could still see some sparkly bits in the carpet, and we just didn't want to take a chance with little ones on the carpet.  Better safe than sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment