Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Baby Shark, Doo Doo Doo - September 18 & 20, 2018

I do not know where I've been for the past however many years, but I just became privvy to the Baby Shark craze this past summer.  And now...I love it!   It's super catchy and gets stuck in my head.  So...of course I had to do a storytime around this theme, and because I love Baby Shark so much I also had to get myself a t-shirt and hand puppet!!!!  You know, when you wear this shirt, be prepared for comments and smiles...you will be a magnet for converation!

Hello Song:
We clap and sing hello
We clap and sing hello
With our friends at storytime
We clap and sing hello

I have a "Guess What's In the Box" box I made this summer, and I started out the story time with the puppet in the box.  First guess was that I had a dog inside, but the second guess was a shark!! :)


Song:  Clap a Friend's Name with Me  (which took a lot longer than I wanted it to given that I had a really great/large crowd this morning).

Clap a friend's name with me, name with me, name with me,
Clap a friend's name with me, 
Let's clap Lesa!   
Le - sa
 X    X

First book:  Very cute; the pages are very busy with how the print is laid out, but fun!

The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark by [Geist, Ken]

I found the "Two Little Sharks" fingerplay off of Sunflower Storytime blog.  They have a link to get a pattern to make the sharks!


Second Book:   It didn't seem that long when I read it to myself before hand, but when I was reading it during storytime with mixed age kiddos, it lost the attention of the really little kids. It's still a cute book though.



Then, the creme de la creme...

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XqZsoesa55w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w


There is a "Feed the Shark" activity on the Sunflower Storytime blog along with a template.  It's very fun, and is a good activity to use with practicing colors.  So I made blue, red, green, & yellow fish.
Feed the Shark Preschool Activity - printable template
We sang:
If you  have a blue fish, blue fish, blue fish,
If you have a blue fish,
Come feed it to the shark.

...and then continued with the other colors of fish.

By this time, the kiddos were feeling really restless and it went "okay".

Goodbye Song -  "Tickle The Clouds"

Tickle the clouds
Tickle your toes
Turn around
and Tickle your nose (I had the shark puppet on and pretended to nibble my nose)
Reach down low.
Reach up high
Storytime is over
So say goodbye.



https://supersimpleonline.com has supercute songs and activities.

I put out the patterns and supplies needed for a baby shark headband...families could either take it home and do it or make one at the library before they left.
https://supersimpleonline.com/resources/baby-shark-headband/

If you do a search for Baby Shark on this site there are a bunch of different crafts and coloring sheets, etc.


1 comment: