Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Friendly Monsters Fingerplays and Songs

There's a Monster in my closet
And it's green!  (Rawwwr Rawwwr)
There's a monster in my closet
And it's green! (Rawwwr Rawwwr)
There's a monster in my closert
And it's really, relaly green
There's a monster in my closet
And it's green! (Rawwwr Rawwwr)

There's a monster in my closet
And it smells!  (Pew Pew!)

There's a monster in my closet
And it snorts!  (Snort Snort!)

There's a monster in my closert
And it cries!!  (Boo hoo!)

There's a monster in my closet
And it jumps!  (Jump Jump)


If You Ever See a Monster
(Tune: If You Ever See a Lassie)

If you ever see a monster,
A big ugly monster,
If you ever see a monster,
Here's what you should do.
Make this face...and that face (Make "monster faces")
And that face...and this face...
If you ever see a monster...
Be sure to shout "Boo!"



We are the monsters and we're badder than bad.
Dressed up in our costumes we're totally rad.
Knockin' at your door with our trick or treat bag.
Lookin' like a devil, or goblin, or hag.

CHORUS:
Better beware!
Spooks in the air!
We're comin'
We're the MONSTERS
Doin' the monster rap!

We are the monster and we're comin' your way.
If you want us happy, there's a price you must pay
When we ring your doorbell, we hope you don't say,
"We're out of candy." OR WE MIGHT DECIDE TO STAY!

CHORUS


Tune: Head and Shoulder, Knees and Toes

Head and horns, fangs and claws, fangs and claws,
Head and horns,fangs and claws, fangs and claws
Eyes and ears and tails and paws
Head and horns, fangs and claws, fangs and claws.




If You are a Monster
(Tune: If You are happy and you know it)

If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms
If you're a monster and you know it, then your arms will surely show it,
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms

Continue with:
...show your claws
...gnash your teeth
....stomp your feet
...growl out loud



The Haunted House
(Tune:  Wheels on the Bus)

The ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
"Boo! Boo! Boo!""Boo! Boo! Boo!"
THe ghost in the house goes "Boo! Boo! Boo!"
On Halloween.

The steps in the house goes "Creek, creek, creek...."

The cats in the house go "Meow, meow, meow"

The mice in the house go "Squeak, squeak, squeak"

The people in the house go "Eek, eek, eek"


Mild-Mannered Monsters

Five Little Monsters
This little monster has a big red nose
This little monster has purple toes
This little monster plays all night
This little monster is such a fright.
And this little monster goes,
"Tee-hee-hee"
"I'm not scary. I'm just silly me."


The Monsters Are So Loud
"Tune:  When Johnny Comes Marching Home

The monsters stomp around the house,
Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
The monsters stomp around the house.
Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
The monsters stomp around the house.,
Their brothers and sisters send them out
And they stomp some more
Outside around the house.
The monsters yell around the house,
Eeeeeh!  Eeeeeh!
The monsters yell around the house
Eeeeeh!  Eeeeeeh!
The monsters yell around the house
Their brothers and sisters send them out
And they yell some more
Outside around the house.


Do I Hear a Monster?
If you think you hear a monster?
(cup hand to ear)
Growling somewhere outside,
(Point off into to the distance)
It's probably just your stomach,
(Rub tummy)
Needing some food inside.


This Little Monster
This little monster went to the market,
This little monster stayed home,
This little monster had roast beef,
This little monster had none.
And this little monster cried, "Boo, hoo, hoo."
All the way home.


Scary Eyes
See my big and scary eyes?
Look out now, a big surprise.
Boo!


Sleepy Monsters
(Hold up hand with palm facing in)
Here is a monster that growls all day.
Here is a monster that likes to play
Here is a monster with eyes big and red.
Now all three monsters go to bed.
(Turn hand so palm faces out, tucks three monsters into palm. Touch thumb and little finger together)


I'm Not a Monster
A monster always slams the door
At dinnertime a monster yells for more!
A monster jumps on the furniture too!
I'm not a monster, are you?



TEN LITTLE MONSTERS
(Tune: 10 Little Indians)

One little, two little, three little monsters, four little, five little, six little monsters,
Seven little, eight little, nine little monster, ten little monsters can't scare me!

Ten little, nine little, eight little monsters, seven little, six little, five little monsters,
Four little, three little, two little monsters, One little monster can't scare me.


SCARY MONSTERS
(Tune: Have You Ever Seen a Lassie)

(Child's name) is a scary monster, scary monster, scary monster.
(Child's name) is a scary monster. Let's hear (his/her) scary sound!


I AM THE MONSTER MAN!
I am the monster man! (Point to self)
I wave my arms! I roll my eyes!
I shake my head!  I gnash my teeth!
I jump up high! I say "Boo!"
I sit down very quietly, too! (Say very prissily)


IF I WERE A MONSTER

If I were a happy monster. I'd go ha! ha! ha! (Laugh)
If I were a sad monster, I'd go goo, boo, boo (Rub eyes)
If I were a mad monster, I'd go stomp, stomp, stomp! (stomp feet)
If I were a scared monster,
I'd go AAHh! AAHH!  AAHH! (Scream)
But I'm just me, you see, so I'll just read, read, read! (Put hands together like book)


MONSTER MONSTER

Monster Monster under the bed (Cup hands around mouth)
You ghould go somewhere else instead! (Shake finger)
Go Monster go! (stamp feet slowly)
Go Monster go! (stamp feed faster)
Go, Monster, go, go, go! (stamp feet very fast)


MONSTER, MONSER, TURN AROUND

Monster, monster, turn around.
Monster, monster, touch the ground.
Monster, monster, reach of high.
Monster, monster squint your eye(s)
Monster, monster, show your teeth
Monster, monster, stamp your feet.


MONSTER STOMP
If you want to be a monster, now's your chance.
"Cause everybody's doing the monster dance.
You just stamp your feet, wave your arms around (mime actions)
Stretch 'em up, stretch 'em up, (Stretch up arms)
Then put them on the ground (put hands on the floor)
'Cause you're doing the monster stomp (stomp feet)
That's right! You're doing the monster stomp. (Stomp feet)


MONSTERS
We'll all be great big monsters (Hold up one hand above head)
And everyone we'll scare.  (Show claws)
With two big horns, (Both index fingers up on head)
And bulging eyes. (Circle fingers around eyes)
And stringy dark brown hair. (Stroke hair)
He has two large scary heads, (Hold up 2 fingers and open eyes wide)
And an extra long long nose. (Mime a Pinocchio nose)
With big enormous monster feet, (Lift up feet)
And crooked, squeaky, creaky toes (Point to toes)
Shhh! Lewt's show him were not afraid (Finger to lips)
Or he might start to grow, (Raise hand slowly)
Grab your broom, hit him WHAM! (Mime these actions)
Oh look! Where did he go? (Shrug shoulders, look around)


MONSTERS GALORE

Monsters galore, can you roar? (Roar)
Monsters galore, can you soar? (Make flying motions)
Monsters galore, please shut the door. (Clap hands)
Monsters galore, fall on the floor! (Fall down)


WE'RE GOING ON A MONSTER HUNT
We're going on a monster hunt. (Point to self)
Were going to find a big one! (Raise one hand above head)
We're not scared, but ... (shake head)
What if he's under the bed? (Pretend to peek under bed)
Better go over it, squoosh, squoosh, squoosh. (Clap palms together)
What if he's in the closet? (Pretend to open door)
Better close it, slam, slam, slam. (Clap hands loudly)
What if he's behind the curtains? (Preten to peek behind curtains)
Better open them, swish, swish, swish, (Rub palms together)
What if he's in the hallway? (Point somewhere)
Better tiptoe down it, tiptoe, tiptoe. (Mime this action)
What if he's in the garage? (Point another direction)
Better stomp thru it, stomp, stomp, stomp. (Mime this action)
Aahh! It's a monser! (Scream loudly)
Stomp thru the garage, (mim following actions, as above)
Walk thru the hallway,
Close the curtains,
Open the closet
Jump into bed, and turn out the lights! Click! (Jump, snap fingers)


WHAT'S THAT?
What's that? What's that?
There's a great huge horrible HORRIBLE (Raise one hand above head)
creeping up the stair! (Walk 2 fingers up other arm)
A huge big terrible TERRIBLE with creepy crawly hair! (Raise one head above head)
There's a ghastly grisly GHASTLY with 7 slimy eyes! (Hold up 7 fingers)
And flabby grabby tentacles of a gigantic size! (Flop arms around)
He's crept into my room now, he's leaning over me. (Lean over)
I wonder if he's thinking how delicious I will be. (Lick lips, rub tummy)


WILD THINGS
Wild things, wild things, look at you! (Shade eyes and look at children)
Wild things, wild things, what can you do?
We can roar our roars! (Roar)
Gnash our teeth at you! (Click front teeth together)
We can roll our eyes! (Ross eyes around)
Show our claws, too! (Extend fingers)


5 LITTLE MONSTERS
5 little monsters sleeping in my bed
One crawled out from under my spread
I called to Mama and Mama said
"no more monsters sleeping in your bed" continue until there are no little monsters
no little monsters sleeping in my bed
none crawling out from under my spread
I called to Mama and Mama said
"there are no more monsters, go to bed!"


FIVE SCARY MONSTERS
Five scary monsters howling out a roar,
One ran away, and then there  were four,
Four scary monsters hiding in a tree
One fell out , and then there were three.
Three scary monsters eating spider stew,
One got sick, and then there were two
Two scary monsters having lots of fun.
One ran off, and then there was one.
One scary monster, afraid to be a hero,
He ran away, and then there were zero.


FIVE LITTLE MONSTERS
Five little monsters swinging on a gate
The first one said, "Oh, my it's half getting late!"
The second one said, "There are people around!"
The third one said, "I hope we are not found"
The fourth one said, "We'll run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'd rather have some fun!"
OOOOOOOH, went the wind
And OUT went the light
And the five little monsters ran fast out of sight.


THE MONSTER STOMP
If you want to be a monster, now's your chance
'cause everybody's doing the monster dance.
just stamp your feet,
Wave your arms around,
Stretch 'em up, stretch 'em  up, then put them on the ground.


FIVE GROUCHY MONSTERS
Five grouchy monsters
Behind my closet door,
One hears his mother call,
Now there are four.
Four grouchy monsters
Growling at me,
One leaves to have dinner,
Now there are three
Three grouchy monsters
Making a hullaballou,
One must go to wash his face,
Now there are two.
Two grouchy monsters
Not having much fun,
One decides to brush his teeth,
Now there is one.
One grouchy monster
feeling all alone.
His eyelids feel they weigh a ton,
Now there are none.
Goodnight!


IF YOU EVER SEE A MONSTER
(Tune: Did you ever see a Lassie)

If you ever see a monster,
A big ugly monster.
If you ever see a monster,
Here's what you do!
Make this face.....
And this face....
And this face..
And this face....
If you ever see a monster
Be sure to shout BOOOOO!!!

IF YOU'RE A MONSTER
(Tune: If You're happy and you know it)

If ou're a monster and you know it, wave your arms
If you're a monster and you know it, wave your arms.
If you're a monster and you know it
then your arms will surely show it
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms

Other verses:
....show claws
...gnash teeth
...stomp feet


GUESS WHO?
Growl, growl, thud, thud (slap floor)
Roar, roar
Who do you suppose is knocking at the door?
Pound, pound, stamp, stamp, scratch, scratch
Who do you suppose is wiggling at the latch?
Can a pig be at my door? (oink)
No pigs don't roar!
Can a cow be wiggling my latch?
No, cows can't scratch.
Can an owl be at my door?
No, owls don't roar!
I know who it can be
It's a friendly monster come to visit me!


IT'S MONSTER DAY

Monsters short,
Monsters tall
Monsters playing basketball
Monsters clumsy
Monsters cute
Monsters in their bathing suits

Monsters blue
Monsters red
Monsters standing on their heads
Monsters try to comb their hair,
Monsters in their underwear


It's Monster day -- hip hip hooray
And as they pass you can hear them say:

Chorus:
Ugga bugga ugga (children echo back to you)
Ugga bugga boo (echo)
Bleeleellle (echo)
Scooby Dooby Doo (echo)
Ugga bugga ugga (echo)
Ugga bugga boo (echo)
Monsters may be ugly,
Monsters need love too!


Monsters brave,
Monsters shy
Monsters eating pumpkin pie,
Monsters fast,
Monsters slow,
Monsters playing tic tac toe!

Monsters happ
Monsters sad
Monsters crabby
Monsters glad
Monsters having lots of fun
Monsters chewing bubble gum!


THE MONSTER STOMP
Look as scary as can be, gnash your terrible teeth, show your terrible claws and suit actions to words

If you want to be a monster, now's your chance,
"cause everybody's doing the monster dance
You just stamp your feet,
Wave your arms around.
Stretch 'em up, stretch 'em up
Then put the on the ground
"cause you're doing the monster stomp.
Ooh-ah-ooh-ah-ooh-ah-ooh-ah!
Ooh-ah-ooh-ah-ooh-ah-ooh-ah!


If I were a happy monster, I'd go ha, ha ha!  (Clap on each ha!)
If I were a sad monster, I'd go boo, hoo hoo! (Wipe eyes)
If I were a mad monster, I'd go stomp, stomp, stomp! (Stomp feet)
If I were a scared monster, I'd go AAHH! AAHH!  AAHH!  (Make scared face.)
But I'm just me, you see, so I'll just sit, sit, sit.


No comments:

Post a Comment