Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Halloween Songs and Fingerplays

On the First Day of Halloween

On the first day of Halloween
my Swamp Thing gave to me,
A hoot owl in a dead tree.
Two trick or treaters,
Three black cats,
Four skeletons,
Five Snicker bars,
Six goblins gobbling,
Seven pumpkins glowing
Eight monsters shrieking,
Nine ghosts a-booing
Ten ghouls a-groaning,
Eleven masks a-leering,
Twelve bats a-flying.


The Grim Reaper is Coming to Town

Oh, you better not shrief,
You better not groan,
You better not howl,
You better not moan,
The Grim Reaper is coming town!

He's gonna find out from folks that he meets,
WHo should have arsenic put in their treats,
Grim Reaper is coming to town.

He'll search in every graveyard,
Haunted houses far and near.
To see if you should stay alive,
Or die right here in fear!

So, you better not shriek,
You better not groan,
You better not howl,
You better not moan,
The Grim Reaper is coming to town.


Deck the Halls

Deck the halls with poison ivy,
fa la la la la la la la la
"Tis the season to be slimy,
fa la la la la la la la la
Don we now our strange apparel,
fa la la la la la la la la
Troll the ancient Halloween carol,
fa la la la la, la la la la.

See the goblins rise before us,
fa la la la la, la la la la.
As we sing the Halloween chorus,
fa la la la la, la la la la.
Follow them as they ascend,
fa la la, la la la, la la la
Join with all your loony friends.
fa la la la la, la la la la la.


If You're grumpy and you know it, shake your fist
If you're grump and you know it, shake your fist.
If you're gurmpy and you know it, then your face will surely show it.
If you're grumpy and you know it, shake your fist.

...stomp your feet

...do a growl


Raffi's "Shake My Sillies" adjustment at Halloween

1st verse:  Gotta scare the spooks a lot (and wiggle those waggles away)

2nd verse:  Clap the monsters out

3rd verse:  Jump the ghosties out

4th verse:  Yawn my fright all gone

Repeat 2nd verse (only faster)



MONSTER EMOTIONS
(Tune: If You're Happy and You Know It)

Happy monsters like to sing and clap their hands
Happy monster like to sing and clap their hands
Happy monsters like to sing
Happy monsters clap their hands
Happy monsters like to sing and clap their hands .

Other verses:

Sad monsters sometimes frown and start to cry (rub eyes)

Mad monsters stop to think, then count to 5 (hold up 5 fingers, 1 at a time)

Scared monsters gulp and think of something nice (gulp, tap head)

Proud monster stand up tall and say "Hooray!"  (shout "hooray")


MONSTER SONG
(Tune: Wheels on the Bus)

The feet of the monster go stomp stomp stomp
Stomp stomp stomp, stomp stomop stomp
The feet of the monster go stomp stomp stomp
All trough the town.

Additional verses:
Hands go clap
Mouth goes growl
Eyes go blink
Belly goes wiggle


OLD MACDONALD WENT TRICK OR TREATING
Old MacDonald went trick or treating, EIEIO
And when he did he met a werewolf, EIEIO
With a howl, howl, here and a howl, howl, there
Here a howl, there a howl, everywhere a howl, howl

Other verses:
witch -- cackle
Ghost -- boo
Vampire -- I vant to suck your blood
skeleton -- clatter
Final verse:  and when he did he ate too much candy -- groan


OCTOBER GAVE A PARTY
(Tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

October gave a party,
The leaves by hundred came
From ashes, oaks, and maples
From trees of every name.
The sunshire spread a carpet
And everything was grand.
Miss weather led the dancing
Mr. Wind led the band.


FRANKENSTEIN
(tune: Clementine)

In a castle, on a mountain
Near the dark and murky Rhine,
Swelt a doctor, the conconctor
Of the monster Frankenstein.

Oh my monster oh my monster
Oh my monster Frankenstein
You were built to last forever
Dreadful scary Frankenstein

In a graveyard near the cattle
Where the moon refused to shine
He dug for noses and for toeses
For his monster Frankenstein


ONCE THERE WAS A PUMPKIN
Once there was a pumpkin (small circle with hands)
And it grew (slowly separate hands)
And grew,
And grew. (Join hands)

Now it's a jack-0-lantern
And smiles at you (with a smile point to each other)
and you,
and you.


WHAT AM I? (Flannelboard)
What am I? A face so round.
And eyes so bright,
A nose that glows,
My, what a sight!
A fiery mouth with a jolly grin,
No arms, no legs, just head to chin!



PUMPKIN ON THE VINE
(Tune: Farmer in the Dell)

The pumpkin on the vine
The pumpkin on the vine
I picked the one that weighed a tone
And that's the one that's mine.

I made two funny eyes
A mouth that's oversize
The other gook my mother took
For baking pumpkin pies.

The pumpkin on the vine
The pumpkin on the vine
He's now a jack o lantern
And you ought to see him shine.


JACK O LANTERN
(tune: Clementine)

Jack o Lantern, Jack O Lantern
You are such a funny sight
As you sit there in my window
Looking out into the night
You were once a yellow pumpkin
Growing on a sturdy vine.
Now you are my jack o lantern
Let your candlelight shine.

The Pumpkins are Here

The pumpkins are here.  The pumpkins are there.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are everywhere.

The pumpkins are up.  The pumpkins are down.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are all around.

The pumpkins are in.  The pumpkins are out.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are all about.

The pumpkins are low. The pumpkins are high.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins all say, "Goodbye."


Five Jack-O-Lanterns Shining Bright

Sitting on a fence on Halloween night
Five smiling Jack-o=lanterns are shining bright
Watching the kids going Trick-or-treat
Filling their bags with something sweet.

First comes a king with his crown on tight
He takes a Jack-o-lantern shining bright.

Next a princess, such a beautiful sight
She takes a Jack-o-lantern shining bright.

Third comes a knight with his sword of might
He takes a Jack-o-Lantern shining bright.

Fourth comes a dragon, I don't think he'll bite
He takes a jack-o=lantern shining bright.

Last is a jester with black and red tights
She takes a jack-o-lantern shining bright.

Five trick-or-treaters or Halloween night.
Have five smiling Jack-o-lanterns shining bright.

Halloween

Halloween is coming soon,
Coming soon, coming soon.
Halloween is coming soon.
Boo, boo, boo!

See the owl flying high,
Flying high, flying high,
See the owl flying high,
Hoot, hoot, hoot!

See the pumpkin glowing bright,
Glowing bright, glowing bright,
See the pumpkin glowing bright,
On this Halloween night!

Children laughing, having fun,
Having fun, having fun,
Children laughing, having fun,
Giggle, giggle, giggle!

Halloween is here today,
Here today, here today,
Halloween is here today,
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Halloween Scary Monster
I saw a scary monster,
He made me jump with fright.
Hey, ho, hey, ho,
Such a scary sight!

I heard a moaning skeleton
And ran away in fright.
Hey, ho, hey, ho.
Such a scary night!

I spied a spooky ghost
And spun around in fright,
Hey, ho, hey, ho,
Such a scary Halloween night!
BOO!

FIVE OWLS
One wise owl sitting in a tree
Hooted to another, "Come sit with me."
Two wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to one more, "Come, let's be three!"
Three wise owls sitting in a ree
Hooted to a fourth, "Come quietly."
 Four wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to a fifth, "Join our family."
Five wise owls sang, "Whooo,whooo, whooo!"
And before you knew it, away they all flew!


WONDERFUL WITCHES
One little, two little, three little witches,
(hold up one, two, and three fingers on count)
Fly over haystacks,
(make one hand fly high up in air)
Fly over ditches,
(make other hand fly high up in air)
Slide down moonbeams without any hitches,
(glide hand downward)
Hi-ho!  Halloween's here!
(clap hands two times on "Hi-ho!")

SPOOKY SONG
(TUNE Row, Row Row Your Boat)

Have you seen the witch
Flying by the moon?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
Halloween is soon.

Have you seen the bat
Hanging from the tree?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
I hope he won't see me.

Have you seen the ghost
Hiding in the house?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
I hope he won't jump out.

Boo!

We Are Pumpkins Big and Round
(tune:  Mary Had a Little Lamb)

We are pumpkins big and round, big and round, big and round;
We are pumpkins big and round, sitting on the ground.
See our great big shiny eyes, shiny eyes, shiny eyes;
See our great big shiny eyes, looking right at you.
See our great big laughing mouth,
Laughing mouth, laughing mouth,
See our great big laughing mouth, smiling right at you.

Jack O Lantern
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little jack o lantern
Fat and fine
They picked me off a pumpkin vine
Halloween is coming don't you know
Just light my candle and watch me glow.

I Am a Pumpkin

I am a pumpkin big and round
Once upon a time I great on the ground.
But now I have a mouth, two eyes and a nose.
What are they for do you suppose?
When I have a candle inside, shining bright,
I'll be a jack-o-lantern on Halloween night?

Two Pumpkin Seeds

One day I found two pumpkin seeds,
I planted one and pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a long green vine.
A pumpkin grew.
I called it mine.
My pumpkin was quite round and fat.
I really am quite proud of that.
But there is something I'll admit
That has me worried just a bit.
I ate the other seed, you see.
Now will it grow inside of me?

I'm A Little Pumpkin
(tune:  I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little pumpkin
Round and stout
Packed full of seeds that you can scoop out
when i get all carved up then i'll be the cutest jack-o-lantern you ever did see.


Black Cat
We saw a black cat, black cat, black cat.
We saw a black cat on Halloween.
He was stretching his paws, his paws, his paws.
He was stretching his paws on Halloween.

Trick or Treating
(tune:  Are You Sleeping?)

Trick or treating, trick or treating,
BOO BOO BOO
BOO BOO BOO
Trick or treating, trick or treating.
I scare you, I scare you!


No comments:

Post a Comment