Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week Four - Star Light Star Bright

Star Light, Star Bright was not a rhyme that many of the kids were familiar.  They automatically thought of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star of course when they saw the stars on my paper, etc.   So, we did both! :)

There are a lot of books about stars or nighttime, but we did not necessarily have a lot of them in our collection that were suitable for a preschool and toddler group of kids for a storytime.

So, I read
 as it did have a lot of repetition and rhyme to it.

Then I read just a fun book called




I thought I had gotten a photo of our craft but I guess I didn't.  I cut out stars out of yellow poster board so they would be stiff.  I punched a hole in one of the points, and put a yarn length tied up in it.   They children then put glue all over the star, and added little squares of colorful tissue paper....kind of like a collage or mosaic.  Then, with a little help, we drew the first letter of their name or another design with wet glue, and poured glitter on it.   The glitter is VERY popular with preschoolers!   They could then take their stars home and hang them in their window.






No comments:

Post a Comment