Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week Six - Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

Today's nursery rhyme was Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.  On a quick side note, have you ever noticed how very "weird" a lot of nursery rhymes really are if you stop and think about what they might mean?  Anyway, I actually based this entire storytime around the craft this week.  I had found this particular craft idea, and I thought it was so cute (and a nice keepsake) that I decided to include this rhyme.

The week before (at least) I took pictures of each of the kids individually, with either one or both hands in the air, acting like they were holding something.  If you have really young kids, they may not WANT to hold their hands up...or really understand why, etc.  Do the best you can.  The directions actually also show how to do it with them lying on the floor, so that is an option too, but I didn't try it.  If a particular family is absent that week that you take photos, but they are normally really good attendees, it is definitely something to keep in mind. We are a small library, and I actually contacted a couple of families.  You will still potentially have kids come that you do not have photos for...so you will want to plan on what to do in that instance.  I had a couple, and they just said they would take the pictures and print them at home.  I also had another staff member on alert to possibly come in and take photos real quick, and print them out, but we didn't go to that contingency plan.




FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS


Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.

The first one said, "oh my it's getting late."


The second one said, "there are witches in the air."


The third one said, "but we don't care!"


The fourth one said, "let's run and run and run."


The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"


OOOhh OOOhh went the wind

And out went the lights
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

I’M A LITTLE PUMPKIN
Tune:  “I’m A Little Teapot”

I’m a little pumpkin,
Orange and round.
When I’m sad,
My face wears a frown.
But when I’m happy,
All aglow,
Watch my smile
Just grow and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment