Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Storytime Bulletin Boards for our meeting room

I'm very happy with the bulletin boards I put up for this fall.  (I used to LOVE doing bulletin boards, but not so much anymore, so I'm pretty proud of this one!)



I used the Nursery Rhymes Cricut Cartridge to cut these designs out.  The Words are part of the cartridge, as is that Font style.  Something I would perhaps do differently if I were to do the characters again would be to use a pen and draw the item first, and then cut it out (on the Cricut) so that they would look outlined and the detail would be more visible. 



I had actually seen this idea on another blog somewhere, and I really liked it.  I Googled the characters and tried to get coloring sheets of each character, with distinct enough features that people would be able to guess who it was when done in all black. I then outlined them and cut them out on black construction paper.  I must admit I think I have become spoiled by the Cricut, because this took me a long time! HA!



Olivia
Clifford
Grinch
Corduroy
Lilly (from "Lilly's Purple Purse" and others)
Pigeon (from "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus")
Arthur


No comments:

Post a Comment