Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weather Songs, Rhymes, and Fingerplays

The Wind Blows

The wind blows through the chimney
  (Stand straight, arms overhead)
Ooooohhhhh!
  (Hands to mouth, sway body back and forth.)
The wind blows through the town.
  (Stand straight; arms out to sides)
Ooooohhhhh!
  (Repeat motion)
He howls in all the treetops
  (Stand straight, sway arms back and forth overhead)
Ooooohhhhh!
  (Repeat motion)
And makes the leaves fall down.
  (Flutter fingers downward)
Ooooohhhhh!
  (Repeat motion)

Raindrops Are Falling

Raindrops are falling
From the cloudy sky.
  (Lower hands, wiggling fingers to imitate falling rain)
I'll button up my raincoat
  (Pretend to button down front)
It will keep me dry.
  (Nod head)
I'll wear my new galoshes
(Pull galoshes on feet one at a time)
And put my rain hat on
  (Place hands on head)
Then I'll splash in all the puddles
  (Hands flat, palms down, pretend to splash water)
On my front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment