Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Taking a Break...............

It's time for a little break, a little breather.....

We had a fun little Christmasy storytime last Thursday evening where I read the books, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas, by Eric Litwin, and Bear Stays Up for Christmas, by Karma Wilson.
http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Stays-Christmas-Karma-Wilson/dp/1416958967/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1388174517&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pete-Saves-Christmas-James-Dean/dp/0062110624/ref=sr_1_2_bnp_1_har?ie=UTF8&qid=1388174573&sr=8-2&keywords=Pete+the+cat+saves+christmas
We also sang "Jingle Bells" and shook our homemade crocheted jingle bells, which is a simple activity, but stll a lot of fun for the kids. 

Our craft was very simple, but the kids liked it. 
Luckily I have a daughter of my own and I know that she does not like peppermint very well, so in addition to a box of 'regular' candy canes I bought a box of blueberry candy canes (the only other flavor Wal-Mart had at the time).  Thank goodness I did because ALL of the kids chose the blueberry ones.  I guess my daughter is not the only child who does not really like peppermint!

I had cleaned out some areas of the library as we are preparing for our renovation and we found some od Hallmark tree ornaments still in the boxes (from 2000!!!!), and there were enough of them for all the kids to have one of those, as well as we cleaned out our display area of the stuffed animals, so each child got to pick one of those also (I cleaned them up...they still looked brand new...even still having the tags on them!).

It was a fun conclusion to our 2013 storytimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment