Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Fall / Autumn songs and fingerplays

Changing seasons
(tune:  I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little person who's aware
Of the change in the air.
First the leaves turn brown
and then they fall
Then the snow comes lightly down.

Autumn
(tune:  Ring around the Rosie)

All the leaves, come here
Summer's gone till next year
Autumn, Autumn
We all fall down!

I'm a Little Scarecrow
(tune:  I'm a Little teapot)

I'm a little scarecrow,
Raggedy and worn
I wear a hat,
And a shirt that's torn
When the crows come,
I wave and shout
"Away from my garden, Get on out!"

Autumn Winds
(tune:  Ring Around the Rosie)

Autumn winds begin to blow
Colored leaves fall fast and slow
Whirling twirling all around
Till at last they touch the ground.


Five Leaves

Five little leaves so bright and gay,
Were dancing about on a tree one day.
The wind came blowing through the town,
And one little leaf came tumbling down.

Five Little Squirrels

Five little squirrels with acorns to store.
One went to sleep and then there were four.

Four little squirrels hunting acorns in a tree.
One fell down and now there are three.

Three little squirrels wondering what to do.
One got lost and now there are two.

Two little squirrels tossing acorns for fun.
One got tired and now there is one.

One little squirrel playing in the sun.
He ran away and now there are none.


No comments:

Post a Comment