Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Halloween songs and fingerplays

Trick or Treating
(Tune:  are you sleeping?)

Trick or treating, trick or treating,

BOO BOO BOO
BOO BOO BOO

Trick or treating, trick or treating.

I scare you, I scare you!


Black Cat

We saw a black cat, black cat, black cat.
We saw a black cat on Halloween.
He was stretching his paws, his paws, his paws.
He was stretching his paws on Halloween.

I'm a Little Pumpkin
(tune:  I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little pumpkin
Round and stout
Packed full of seeds that you
Can scoop out
When I get all carved up
Then I'll be
The cutest Jack-o-lantern you
every did see.

Two Pumpkin Seeds

One day I found two
pumpkin seeds.
I planted one and
pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a
long green vine.
A pumpkin grew.
I called it mine.
My pumpkin was quite
round and fat.
I really am quite proud
of that.
But there is something
I'll admit
That has me worried
just a bit.
I ate the other seed,
you see.
Now will it grow inside
of me?

I Am a Pumpkin

I am a pumpkin big and round.
Once upon a time I grew on the ground.
but now I have a mouth, two eyes
and a nose.
What are they for do you suppose?
When I have a candle inside, shining bright,
I'll be a jack-o-lantern on Halloween night!

Jack O Lantern
(tune:  I'm a Little teapot)

I'm a little jack o lantern
Fat and fine.
They picked me off a pumpkin vine
Halloween is coming don't you know
Just light my candle and watch me glow.

We Are Pumpkins Big and Round
(tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb)

We are pumpkins big and round, big and round, big and round.
We are pumpkins big and round, sitting on the ground.

See our great big shiny eyes, shiny eyes, shiny eyes,
See our great big shiny eyes, looking right at you.

See our great big laughing mouth, laughing mouth, laughing mouth.
See our great big laughing mouth, smiling right at you.

Spooky Song
(tune:  Row Row Row Your Boat)

Have you seen the witch
Flying by the moon?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
Halloween is soon.

Have you seen the bat
Hanging from the tree?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
I hope he won't see me.

Have you seen the ghost
Hiding in the house?
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
I hope he won't jump out.

BOO!

Wonderful Witches

One little, two little, three little witches
  Hold up one, two, and three fingers on count
Fly over haystacks,
  make one hand fly high up in the air
Fly over ditches,
  make other hand fly high up in the air
Slide down moonbeams without any hitches,
  glide hand downward)
Hi-ho! Halloween's here!
  clap hands two times on "Hi-ho'

Five Owls

One wise owl sitting in a tree
Hooted to another, "Come sit with me."
Two wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to one more, "Come, let's be three!"
Three wise owls sitting in a tree.
Hooted to a fourth, "Come quietly."
Four wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to a fifth, "Join our family."
Five wise owls sing, "Whooo, whooo, whooo!"
And before you knew it, away they all flew!

I Saw a Scary Monster

I saw a scary monster,
  hold up monster figure
He made me jump with fright
  jump up in place
Hey, ho, hey, ho,
Such a scary sight!
  hold hands up to face as if frightened
I heard a moaning skeleton
  hold up skeleton and moan
And ran away in fright.
  run in place
Hey, ho, hey, ho,
Such a scary night!
  hold hands up to face
I spied a spooky ghost
  hold up ghost figure
And spun around in fright.
  spin around in place
Hey, ho, hey, ho,
Such a scary Halloween night!
  hold hands up to face
BOO!
  remove hands from face, then jump up and shout


Halloween

Halloween is coming soon,
Coming soon, coming soon.
Halloween is coming soon,
Boo, boo, boo!

See the owl flying high,
Flying high, flying high.
See the owl flying high,
Hoot, hoot, hoot!

See the pumpkin glowing bright,
Glowing bright, glowing bright.
See the pumpkin glowing bright,
On this Halloween night!

Children laughing, having fun,
Having fun, having fun.
Children laughing, having fun,
Giggle, giggle, giggle.

Halloween is here today,
Here today, here today.
Halloween is here today,
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment